Are you missing your office’s morning cup of coffee ? No worries, as you can now enjoy your favorite flavor coffee even at home in a short time, which will make you feel as if you are in your office.
There are various brands available in the market that sell the coffee machines, each having its own set of features, and to figure out which is best among them is very confusing. So to make your task easy for selecting the best coffee makers in India, I have shortlisted some coffee makers that serve the best taste coffee and are also budget-friendly.
Before proceeding with the best coffee machine, let’s look at different types of coffee machines available to narrow down your search.
Types of Coffee Machines
There are various types of coffee makers sold in the market for making different types of coffee with its unique set of functionalities. So basically, there are 5 types of coffee makers available, as mentioned below.
1. Automatic Drip Coffee Makers
These are the commonly used coffee machines and are mostly found in the homes as they are very easy to operate. These modern coffee makers come with several features and adjustment levels that help to brew the coffee as per your preferred flavor, like strong, plain, light, decaf, etc.
Automatic drip machines have a container for storing the water and a filter basket for loading the coffee grounds. Once the coffee maker is switched on, the hot water runs through the coffee grounds in the carafe, and this process usually requires 5 to 10 minutes.
These coffee makers are perfect for large servings and can serve up to 12 cups of coffee. It is suitable for the people who require quick coffee customized as per their taste, but it’s not ideal for people who like espresso coffee.
If you prefer a different flavor of coffee and want to grind them at home as per your taste, then check the coffee bean grinders. From here, you can buy the grinder as per your requirement and enjoy fresh coffee at home.
One more advantage of an automatic drip machine is that it is cost-effective, and its maintenance cost for changing the filter is low.
2. Cappuccino and Espresso Coffee Machines
Espresso is your favorite flavor if you like strong coffee. These machines are very costly and heavy-duty and can be mostly seen in barista and cafes, but if you love espresso coffee, then it is worth the investment. Even though this machine serves smaller quantities at a time, it will be strong flavored coffee.
With this Espresso coffee machine, you can make several flavor coffee like the latte, cappuccino, macchiato, etc. Usually, these coffee machines come with a single-serve at a time, but the modern coffee makers come with two servings.
Espresso coffee makers come with many features like the pressure pump, automatic settings, water boiler, portafilter. It has a stylish look as compared to other coffee makers, but it is easy to operate.
3. Single-Serve Pod Coffee Makers
These coffee makers are newly introduced in the Indian market and are also called as pod coffee makers. These coffee machines can make coffee as per your preferred taste and flavor.
The prices of such types of coffee makers may vary depending on the brand and its features. You can get these machines at an affordable cost, but the maintenance charges of these filters are high because the pods are expensive and only available online.
To enjoy such coffee at home, you only have to add the coffee pods in it, and within a minute, your favorite flavored coffee is ready. Some modern coffee makers have the option of adding coffee grounds instead of the pods.
It is compact and can be easily stored in a small place in the kitchen. It is easy to operate and also you can clean it easily. Even these coffee pods are available in different flavors, and ideal for office use as the staff can brew the coffee as per their preferred taste.
4. French Press Coffee Maker
This is the traditional type of coffee maker machine. As it is not technically advanced, its maintenance is low, and also it is cost-effective.
It is very easy to operate, and you have to pour the coffee grounds and boiled water in the appliance and then press the lid to suppress the coffee grounds to the bottom of the container.
French coffee machines are very cheap as compared to the other coffee machines, as it doesn’t require to change the filter as well as it doesn’t require any electricity to work.
It is not an ideal coffee machine as it doesn’t serve a good coffee if it is not brewed for a long time, and may sometimes you might find coffee grounds floating on water.
It is ideal for people while traveling, camping, or for those who frequently want coffee for drinking.
These coffee makers are similar to the electric pots, in which the coffee is grounded either on the stovetop or the electricity.
Best Coffee Makers in India
Coffee is the favorite beverage of most people. So, for those who want to buy a coffee machine and have a limited budget, here are the best coffee maker under 5000 to ease your selection process.
1. Morphy Richards Fresco 800W 4-Cups Espresso Coffee Maker (Black)
Morphy Richards is known for its home appliance like kettles, induction, coffee makers, etc. Among all the home appliances, coffee makers are their best selling products in Indian market as they are made up of high quality and can make a cafe like coffee. It is suitable for individuals who like to have an espresso coffee.
- Heat resistant carafe.
- You can make different types of coffee, like cappuccino, mocha, etc.
- Operated at the power of 800 Watts.
- It can make 4 cups of coffee at the same time.
- Adjustable coffee strength feature.
- Turbo cappuccino nozzle gives you the desirable froth.
- Attractive glass carafe for collecting coffee.
- Drip tray for collecting the dripped coffee.
- Stainless steel cup filter.
- Two years warranty from the manufacturer.
Advantages of Fresco Coffee Maker
- It is lightweight and compact.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Comes with overheat protection that protects the product from damage in case if there is a rise in the temperature of a machine.
- The drip tray helps to prevent the mess caused due to drip coffee.
- It lets you set or adjust the coffee strength so that you can enjoy your favorite flavored coffee.
- Ideal for people who love to drink coffee throughout the day.
Disadvantages of Fresco Coffee Maker
- You will have to froth the milk in a small cup due to its shorter height.
2. InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker
Instacuppa french press is a cheap and best coffee maker. It is a lightweight, ergonomic style coffee maker that can be taken anywhere.
It is suitable for home use as well as for the people who love to go on camping. It’s 4 part filtration system removes the grind from the brew, and with just a single press of the knob at the top of the coffee maker, you can brew 6 cups of coffee at a time.
- Water measurement markings on carafe.
- Compact in size.
- Stainless steel body and borosilicate glass carafe.
- Four parts filtration system.
- V-spout to pour the coffee without the mess.
- Protective sleeve.
- You can make different types of coffee.
- Heat protection handle.
- One year warranty from the manufacturer.
Advantages of InstaCuppa Coffee Maker
- You can make 6 cups of coffee at a time.
- Lightweight and portable.
- It has 4 superior filtration system to remove the grinds from the brew.
- You can also make tea in it.
- It can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Easy to operate.
Disadvantage of InstaCuppa Coffee Maker
- You have to keep track of the brewing time, as per your taste else your coffee can become bitter.
- The coffee beans need to be pre-ground before putting it in the coffee maker.
3. Philips HD7431/20 760-Watt Coffee Maker (Black)
Philip is the most trusted brand in India, as all its appliances are known for its excellent quality. It is the best coffee maker in India with a stylish design, as well as it is compact.
This coffee maker is known for its unique feature like you can stop the machine in between the brews to get your preferred taste of the coffee. It is also easy to use and maintain and doesn’t create a mess in the kitchen.
- Stylish, ergonomics design and lightweight
- Detachable filter holder
- Aroma swirl technology
- Operates at 700 watts power and 230v voltage
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Drip stop function to stop the brewing of coffee
- Illuminated power switch
- Non-slip free design
- The capacity of 0.6 litres of water
- Total brewing time is approx 10 mins
- 2 years warranty from the manufacturer
Advantages of Philips Coffee Maker
- Its weight is less, so it can be shifted easily from one place to another.
- Aroma swirl helps to distribute the aroma equally to make the taste of the coffee better.
- When the coffee maker is switched on, a red light is indicated. This feature is helpful if you forget to switch off the coffee machine after using it.
- Its water level indication marking helps to take the water in an appropriate quantity.
- Its parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Disadvantages of Philips Coffee Maker
- Its brewing time is 5 minutes, which is more as compared to the other coffee makers.
4. Morphy Richards New Europa 800-Watt Espresso and Cappuccino 4-Cup Coffee Maker (Black)
This is also one of the best coffee machine that I have come across. With this coffee maker, you can make different types of coffee like the latte, espresso, and cappuccino.
You can make 4 cups of coffee with ease. It’s steam and coffee strength selector feature helps to get your favorite flavored coffee in a few minutes.
It also has a transparent glass carafe that allows you to see the coffee-making process.
- Operated on 800 watts power and voltage of 230v
- It can make different types of coffee.
- Turbo cappuccino nozzle
- Makes 4 cups of coffee at a time
- Removable drip tray
- Coffee strength selector
- Stainless steel filter
- Heat resistant carafe
- 2 years warranty from the manufacturer
Advantages of New Europa Coffee Maker
- Non-slip grip, so that the carafe doesn’t slip.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Overheat protection carafe.
- You can select the strength of the coffee to brew it as per your preferred flavor.
- It has a removable drip tray so that you can clean the mess quickly.
Disadvantage of New Europa Coffee Maker
- A bit costly
5. Cafe JEI Tea and French Press Coffee Maker
If you are looking for a cheap and best coffee maker, then this product is the ideal product for you.
It has a unique feature that allows you to make tea as well in this coffee maker.
Its glass borosilicate can handle very hot water temperature. You will not find any coffee grounds with its 4 parts filtration system.
- It can make 6 cups of coffee
- Heat resistant borosilicate glass
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Dual screen filters
- Top lid strainer
- Plunger supported by a spring-loaded base
- High-quality stainless steel
- Non-slip handle for better grip
- Coffee measuring spoon
- 1 year replacement guarantee from the manufacturer
Advantages of Cafe JEI Coffee Maker
- It is BPA free.
- Can make 2 large cups of coffee in a short time.
- Very lightweight and can be ported anywhere.
- Can works without electricity and saves power supply.
- Its 4 level filtration system filters the coffee grounds.
- Comes with a coffee measurement spoon so you can make a perfect cup of coffee.
- With this coffee maker, you can make tea as well as coffee.
Disadvantages of Cafe JEI Coffee Maker
- Nothing found yet by us.
6. Preethi Cafe Zest Drip Coffee Maker
Preethi Cafe Zest is one of the best coffee machine for making coffee at home. With its powerful heater, the coffee brewing process is done quickly.
It has a shockproof body, so you don’t have to worry about your safety. This coffee maker has a complete package of features for perfect coffee making but still available at an affordable price.
- Anti-drip technology
- Water level indicator
- Shockproof ABS body
- Operates on 400 watts power and voltage of 230v
- Power indicator switch
- Temperature controller
- Stainless steel coffee making jar
- Heat sensitive thermal fuse
- 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
Advantages of Preethi Coffee Maker
- It has a micro-fine filter so that the coffee can be free pf any coffee granules.
- Lightweight and can be easily shifted from one place to another.
- Shockproof ABS body protects you from any short circuit.
- Heat sensitive thermal fuse helps to control to temperature when it exceeds.
- Its anti-drip technology creates less mess while making the coffee.
Disadvantages of Preethi Coffee Maker
- Not suitable for large families.
7. Prestige PCMD 1.0 650-Watt Drip Coffee Maker
Prestige is a well known brand primarily known for its kitchen appliances.
This is one of the best coffee makers in India, having a unique box design that is different from the traditional round shape coffee maker.
Its mesh filters help to filter the coffee and provides a rich flavored coffee. Comes with anti grip which helps the glass carafe to stay firm of the surface.
Mostly liked by people who love authentic south Indian flavored coffee. It provides you lots of features at an affordable price.
- It is operated at 650 watts power.
- Anti-drip mechanism
- Water level indicator
- Advanced brewing technology
- Advanced designed filter
- Steam vent
- Glass carafe
- Easy to clean and maintain
- 1 year warranty on the product from the manufacturer
Advantages of Prestige PCMD Coffee Maker
- It is one of the cheap and best coffee maker for the one with a limited budget.
- The steam vent removes excess steam from the coffee maker to ensure safety.
- Anti-drip valve prevents the coffee from dripping when the carafe is removed, which doesn’t create any mess.
- The brew basket removes the filter easily, which makes it easy to clean.
- It uses advanced brewing technology so that you can enjoy a tasty coffee.
- The water level indicator helps to take water in an appropriate quantity.
Disadvantage of Prestige PCMD Coffee Maker
- Not suitable for large families
8. Wonderchef Duet 2-Cups Coffee Brewer
This coffee maker is the choice if you want to brew 2 cups of coffee at a time.
It is compact and can be carried anywhere easily. Get finely brewed coffee with just one touch.
Best coffee maker under 5000 which comes with a bunch of accessories at an affordable cost.
- Operated at the power of 420 watts
- Brews coffee in a short time
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Lightweight and portable
- Compact in size
- Nylon filter
- Overheat protection
- 1 year warranty from the manufacturer
Advantages of Wonderchef Coffee Maker
- You can brew coffee in a single touch.
- Due to the lightweight, it can be carried anywhere.
- It comes with other useful accessories like a coffee mug, filter, spoon & funnel.
- Requires less space and so can easily fit anywhere in the kitchen.
Disadvantage of Wonderchef Coffee Maker
- Nothing cons found by us
Factors to consider while selecting the best coffee maker
As many coffee makers are available in the market these days, the selection of a product becomes quite consuming. So, below are some factors that you can check for purchasing the best coffee maker in India.
1.Coffee Machine Size
Before purchasing a coffee maker, you initially check its size, whether it will fit in a particular place in a kitchen or not.
If you choose a larger coffee machine, it might consume lots of other space in the kitchen. But, along with the size, make sure to check whether it meets your requirements.
2. Brewing Capacity
Select the coffee maker that fulfills your capacity requirement. There are various coffee makers available in the market which comes at different brewing sizes.
You can brew 1 to 12 cups of coffee, depending on the capacity of the coffee machine.
Single-cup brewing capacity is suitable for people who live alone or for families whose members have different flavor preferences or have different waking times.
Large brewing capacity is suitable for people who love to drink coffee throughout the day or for a large family. These coffee machines can brew 10 to 12 cups of coffee at a time.
3. Brewing Tim
Your coffee flavor depends on the amount of time it is brewed. Every type of coffee machine requires a different time for brewing the coffee.
For example, a drip coffee machine requires 5 minutes to brew the coffee, whereas the french press requires 3 minutes, and the espresso coffee machine requires 30 seconds to brew a cup of coffee.
If you prefer cold brew then, you can brew it overnight for 12 hours approx for a cup of cold brew coffee in the morning. You can refer to the coffee maker manual for the estimated brew time to get your favorite flavored coffee.
In case you are not getting the taste as per your flavor, then there are two possibilities, either you are brewing it for a long time or for a short time.
If you are following the manual but still not getting your preferred flavor coffee, then you can keep the brewing time litter shorter or longer than recommended to get your favorite flavored coffee.
4. Brewing Frequency
Brewing frequency is also an important factor while purchasing the coffee maker. Select the one that meets your requirements and also can brew the coffee multiple times in a day.
If you love drinking coffee throughout the day, you can choose a thermal carafe so that your coffee remains warm for a certain time. If you drink coffee only in the morning, then you can opt for a glass brewer having a warming plate.
Another coffee maker is known as a pod machine, and it is suitable for people who don’t have much time in the morning to make a coffee for themselves.
5. Coffee Flavor and Strength
Each member of your family might prefer different flavored coffee. So, choose the coffee maker that fulfills all your requirements, which means it should have a setting to adjust the brewing strength to get your favorite coffee flavor. Also, the taste of the coffee depends on how coffee beans are roasted.
6. Options for Customized Brewing
The common feature which the coffee makers have is adding coffee grounds and water.
Some modern coffee makers have additional features like adjusting the water temperature, brewing style, and the brewing strength.
So, if you want such other functions as well, then you can opt for these coffee machines, but also note that these high-end coffee machines are costly then the simple coffee makers.
7. Heating Plate
Most of the coffee makers have the heating plate, which is placed below the carafe. If you have a habit of drinking coffee after regular intervals, then this heating plate might burn the coffee and sometimes change its flavor.
To avoid such issues, you can opt for coffee makers who have the option to control the temperature.
Carafes are available in 3 forms that are glass, stainless steel, and thermal. With the glass carafe, you can see how the coffee is brewed, and also it can keep your coffee warm for 20 minutes, whereas the thermal and the stainless steel carafe can keep the coffee warm for an hour.
At the time of cleaning, you can put the glass carafe in the dishwasher, but the other two types of carafe need to be washed manually.
9. Water Temperature Settings
For a perfect cup of coffee, water temperature plays an important role. It might spoil your coffee taste and make it bitter if it is too high or too low.
So, if you have a reasonable budget, you can look for a coffee maker with water temperature settings so that you can get your preferred flavor coffee with proper taste.
10. Easy to Use & Maintain
Before choosing any coffee maker, make sure whether you can handle it or not. As most of the coffee makers have the vertical opening lid, so make sure that you have enough space in the kitchen to operate the coffee machine with ease, else the shortage of space will open the lid half, and then it won’t be easy to pour the coffee grounds in it.
Coffee makers need to be cleaned after every use, as the coffee might spill over sometimes. So to ease the cleaning process, make sure the coffee maker has a detachable drip tray so that you can clean it easily.
If you don’t want to wash the utensil on your own, you can opt for a machine whose parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
11. Additional Built-in Features
Some coffee makers come with additional features apart from the normal ones like auto-shutoff, water filter, built-in coffee grinder, self-serve, pause and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions On Coffee Makers
1. How to clean the coffee maker?
To clean the coffee maker, just unplug the device and remove all the attachments. Then hold it under the cold tap water to clean it. Some coffee maker parts can be washed in the dishwashers.
2. Are the coffee machines durable?
It depends on the brand and the model you purchase. But its durability also depends on how you clean and maintain it. If you don’t wash the coffee maker after every use, then it might get damaged quickly.
3. Which type of coffee machine is the best, drip or standard?
Drip coffee machines are the best as they are automatic, and you don’t have to wait until the coffee gets ready. Whereas in standard coffee machines, you have to wait till the coffee is brewed.
4. Can we pour the milk directly into the coffee machine?
It depends on the coffee machine you are using. It’s better to go through the manual to verify whether milk can be added or not, as some machines do provide this feature.
5. What is the price of the coffee machine?
The price of the coffee machines depends on various factors like brand, model and features. The coffee makers usually range from 1,500 to 10,000.
A morning cup of coffee is the must-have drink for all the coffee lovers. For some people starting the day without drinking coffee can be dull and less energetic. But, due to the hectic schedule making coffee manually can be time-consuming.
So, we have come up with some of the best coffee makers in India to ease your task. With these coffee makers, you can brew your favorite types of coffee in a short time and start your day full of energy.
I hope you’ll found this coffee maker guide helpful!
Do let us know which coffee maker you have purchased and what your experiences are in the comment section below.